Moki Tracker is like night-vision for apps. Now you’ll be able to identify app security weaknesses and have the tools to mitigate them. With Tracker, you can change app settings to react to risks without pushing out an update — all from our cloud platform. We believe that app security is key to success in the App Era.
Once your app is published and in the wild, that’s when Tracker takes over — providing you with detailed analytics on the environments where your app is running. Our dashboard provides both aggregate and device-specific details so not only can you spot general trends and activities, but your team can drill down to a specific device in use by a customer or employee.
- System analytics such as battery, memory, processes, etc.
- OS details with jailbroken/rooted notifications
- Device/app-specific drill-down performance
- Aggregate views of app performance
- Historical data takes you back in time
- Standard or custom alerts
- Track the geo-location of the device
- Easily identify critical events and alerts in the app timeline
- Custom widgets for additional hardware such as credit card swipe sleds
Your app depends on several Web-based endpoints (API’s) to function. Some of these include app usage analytics, user authentication, user data syncing (calendars, notes, etc.), credit card processing, app store updates and a myriad of others. We track those requests and flag suspect or unknown endpoints for review.
- Whitelisting of known endpoints
- Automatically flag and notify when unknown or blacklisted endpoints are called
- Create custom actions to notify your team
- Send action to disable the app on one or all devices
Custom App Actions
Understanding the app environment and monitoring all endpoints used by the app is a great way to understand or predict problems, but what can be done to prevent problems or react to threats or other business needs? With Tracker, our cloud-based messaging platform can send actions to an app that can trigger either set or custom responses. These can be as simple as reporting current location to an app “kill switch” to temporarily shut down the app.
- Messaging platform to communicate with apps in the field
- Set actions built-in (get location, get logs, screenshots, etc.)
- Custom actions configured in Tracker and received by app
- Schedule recurring actions
- Dynamic action sequences based on need
App Settings Management
Have you struggled with customizing an app for specific customers? Has your app required an update due to a small configuration problem? With Tracker’s app settings management functionality, all the app settings can be managed remotely and configured to individual apps or groups of apps in bulk. Even more, this could be used for A/B user experience testing.
- Remote settings management
- Configure a single app or multiple apps
- Saved settings groups to ensure consistency
- Utilizes JSON protocol
Device and App Compliance
Do you have company-owned devices in the hands of employees or used as dedicated kiosks? Do you have an understanding of the variety of platforms, OS versions and overall vulnerabilities of those devices? With the compliance features built into Tracker, you can get reports showing the risk scores across your fleet of devices and monitor ongoing compliance.
- Report the OS and device state of fleets of devices
- Understand the overall risk score
- Report individual vulnerabilites based on OS version
- Identify unauthorized peripherals in use
- Target risky devices that are jailbroken or rooted
Follow Me Support
How do your support teams currently walk customers through setup tasks or troubleshoot app issues? Without Follow Me Support (available as add-on), they aren’t going to have a clue how to pinpoint the issue and resolve it to the customer’s satisfaction. This feature allows a support rep to initiate a screen sharing session to watch the experience in real-time.
- Authorized screen sharing for customer support
- See exactly what the customer is seeing and doing
- Save sessions for replay later
Your customers are switching from network-to-network throughout the course of the day and throughout the course of using your app. Going from 3G to WiFi and then to LTE can cause your app to behave poorly. When troubleshooting customer issues, it’s important to understand the nature of their current network. With Network Check, your support teams can quickly diagnose whether connectivity issues are to blame.
- Detects network type and capabilities
- Checks ability to connect to common resources
- Reports latency
- Notifies of blocked ports that are used by APNS/GCM
Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Because Tracker is an app-based tool, MDM is not required. However, we do offer MDM capabilities specific to purposed devices, should you need it. Our MDM solution is not built for IT departments managing BYOD devices, but instead is built to manage devices without specific owners (e.g. kiosks, mPOS, digital signage, etc.). Additionally, should you currently be using another MDM provider, Tracker works just fine and does things that MDM simply cannot do — like secure and manage your app.
- Tracker MDM is available as an option for purposed devices
- Compatible with all other MDM providers
- Provides app management functionality that MDM cannot
To get started, all you need to do is implement the Tracker SDK. Your app developer just drops in a few simple lines of code and the details of your apps begin flowing into Tracker. Learn more.
- For Android and iOS apps
- Lightweight, run-time SDK
- Available on GitHub
- We use CocoaPods, Gradle and Maven